URGE LEGISLATIVE OFFICIALS TO INCLUDE TARGETED RELIEF FOR THE SPECIALTY CROP INDUSTRY
Help assure that mushrooms are adequately included in the specialty crop and produce provisions of the CARES Act administered by USDA. Now is the time for legislators to hear from those within and affiliated with the mushroom industry.
AMI has created this toolkit below that includes resources to reach out to congressional representatives and request that mushrooms be included in upcoming relief packages. In addition to members contacting congressional offices, distribute these resources to your local Chambers of Commerce, city/township officials and other local officials. The more voices, the better.
- Template Letter for AMI Members to MAIL to Representatives -- download to add your company logo and fill in company-specific information
- Template EMAIL to send to congressional offices -- download to add your company-specific information, copy and paste into an email
- Economic Impact of U.S. Mushroom Industry -- the more information that can show the impact of the mushroom industry the better. Attach this one-pager to your letter or email.
- PHONE Script -- download and fill in the company-specific information
- List of Congressional offices -- download for a list of member contacts and addresses for your congressional representatives.
- Unsure of your congressional district? Click here to find your district by your zip code.
- The most efficient way to contact your congressional office will be via email. Download the Email Template and fill in the information in red. Download the List of Congressional offices to find your representative. The list includes names, titles, emails, phone and addresses. If you don't see your district, click here.
- Phone calls work too. Washington, DC office numbers can be found on the Congressional Offices list. Download the phone script if you would like guidance.