For nearly six decades, mushroom growers and industry suppliers have relied on the American Mushroom Institute to provide a unified presence and effective representation to ensure that the industry’s concerns are heard and considered. Like hundreds of others, you can enjoy the many benefits of joining the association that exists solely to serve its members.
The American Mushroom Institute:
- Maintains information on the latest developments in mushroom growing methods and other research programs.
- Offers training and education resources for mushroom farms including food and worker safety.
- Provides direction on federal legislative and regulatory affairs, and maintains relations with government agencies on multiple issues ranging from food safety to imports.
- Publishes the monthly Mushroom News magazine to keep members informed on current issues, trends and technology.
- Sponsors national and international conferences for all sectors of the mushroom industry at discounted rates for our members.
- Fosters research that is beneficial to the industry.
- Assists members with problems affecting the industry.
- Provides a biennial membership directory to all members.
AMI is the public face of the mushroom industry, responding to media inquiries and hundreds of requests from allied industries and consumers. AMI also hosts tours at farms for food editors, agriculture labor leaders, government officials and researchers to foster a better understanding of the industry and its concerns. In conjunction with the Mushroom Council, AMI maintains a constantly updated issues management plan for a rapid response to any issue that might negatively impact the image of the mushroom industry and its members.
Click Here for a Grower Membership Application for growers over 50,000 pounds per year.
for a Professional Membership Application for those associated with recognized educational institutions or extension services thereof, or other nonprofit institutions contributing research and development services, or persons undertaking private research projects in mushroom study for the public benefit.
Contact AMI at 610-268-7483 or email@example.com with any membership questions.